Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Purple Belt and Gi Randori

Skipped the blue belt class today, just went straight to purple belt and randori.

Purple Belt Class
Stand-up work:
* Cross punching
* Cross/hook combos
* Cross/uppercut combos
Ground:
* Practiced butterfly guard sweep (side one and 'taking out the trash' one)
* Drilled butterfly guard
* Knee-on-stomach defense (wall blocking)
* Knee-on-stomach escapes (light foot/heavy foot)
* Drilled side control (up, down, and out).


Randori:
Did pretty good. I still have a sore shoulder. Will this thing ever get better? I got totally stalled with a guy about my size/skill. He was just stuck in my guard. I should have tried more sickle sweeps for practice, but he wasn't very good at holding posture and didn't seem to want to stand to pass guard, so I kept him down trying for armbars and triangles. Rolled with Nick a bit. Got stuck in half-guard with him for a while, but he went for a kata gatame and got it just right while I wasn't paying attention. After class Nick showed me and Ian how to do kata gatame right as well as some tips on the barabo choke. Think I'll schedule some privates with Nick.

No comments:

Post a Comment