Friday, April 3, 2009

Two Hours On The Mat

Today I went to a randori and muay thai class. Worked with a couple of new guys and rolled with a 4-stripe white in the randori. I finally noticed that all the guys I usually roll with on Friday afternoons were all sitting on the sides resting. Apparently the 'real' randori has been moved to 4pm now that there is an official 5pm randori. That's pretty early in the afternoon for me, but I'm going to have to play a little Friday afternoon hookey from time to time and get into that randori when I can; those are fun guys to roll with. Still, by the time I got to muay thai, I was pretty exhausted, but I haven't been to a MT class in a few weeks (really much too long) and I was excited to go. This was a class with lots of hand work, which was perfect for me because I find that a lot less tiring than kicking for an hour. I like that 5pm randori/6pm MT mix. It's a great workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment